What is Clearpay?
Clearpay is part of the Afterpay Touch Group family, whose story starts in 2015. Clearpay is a buy now pay later plan, so you can split your payments into 4, payment taken automatically every 2 weeks, interest free.
Where in the world can I use Clearpay?
Clearpay is used only for residents living in the United Kingdom only, with a valid UK telephone number.
Is Clearpay Safe?
At Clearpay, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We’re part of the Afterpay Touch Group, which is level 1 certified by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
This is the highest level of security in the payment industry.
Is there any fees with Clearpay?
Clearpay does not charge a fee to shoppers when purchasing. The only fees applied to a shoppers account are late fees if your scheduled payments are unsuccessfully processed and, after being notified, you do not log in to your Clearpay account to make your payment via a different method.
If you have not made the payment before the due date, and the automatic payment fails, you have until 11pm the following day to make payment.
After 11pm the following day, if that payment has not been made, you will incur a late payment fee of £6 and a further late fee of £6 if the payment is not made within 7 days (as stated in our terms)
Will I Be accepted by Clearpay? Is there a limit to spending?
Clearpay does not approve 100% of orders. They are committed to ensure support for responsible spending.
When determining which orders to approve, they consider a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper with Clearpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see 25% of the order value available to spend)
- length of time you have been using Clearpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- adding a credit card may increase your spending power (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)
Whilst we know it can be frustrating to not know exactly how much you can spend each time or how many active orders you can have, our rules and approval process help Clearpay responsibly offer a completely free service to our shoppers.
What happens if I cant pay my instalment?
Please see more information here.