Large Abalone Shell
- Average Dimensions: 16.5cm-17.5cm
- Origin: North America
- Element: Water
- Colours, shapes and sizes vary due to the nature of this item it may look slightly different than what is shown in the photograph
- Each sold separately
- Tough emotional issues
- Enhances reiki
- Expands consciousness
Abalone shell is sacred to some Native American communities, as it is used in smudging ceremonies. Some are even said to have used this shell as a type of currency in the past. An Apache tradition known as the Sunrise Ceremony, which celebrated becoming a woman, used Abalone Shells by putting them on the heads of participating girls.
How to smudge:
- Fill your Abalone Shell with Sand or Himalayan Salt to protect the base of the shell from over heating or damage.
- Prepare your smudging session with a charcoal disk and the preferred smudging tool to place over the charcoal. (sage, palo santo, juniper etc)
- Make sure your windows are open to release the negative energy out the window and also stop them smoke alarms from going off!
- Light it up!
- Smoke will start to rise, use this to begin your smudging around the room, corners and objects, you may also use a bird of prey feather to represent air and blow the smoke in the direction your aiming for
- With intent bring in positive vibes and release any negativity that may be lurking around
- Once you have finished, you may leave this to burn out or to stop the smoke from burning up, you need to dap the fire into the salt/sand. Close the window to seal the new and fresh vibe.
- Note: you may also want to use the abalone as a tool to catch the herbs or ash when you are using smudge sticks.
Disclaimer: all of our holistic products are ethically and substantially sourced, Please note that all crystals, minerals, rock and fossils are a natural product from mother earth and are rarely perfect, this means that we try to capture as many angles on our products as possible.
really beautiful and such an amazing size, really love smudging with the shell.
many blessings x