Abalone Shell Small
- Average Dimensions: 3" 20
- Origin: North America
- Element: Water
- Colours, shapes and sizes vary due to the nature of this item it may look slightly different than what is shown in the photograph
- Each sold separately
- Tough emotional issues
- Enhances reiki
- Expands consciousness
Abalone shell is sacred to some Native American communities, as it is used in smudging ceremonies. Some are even said to have used this shell as a type of currency in the past. An Apache tradition known as the Sunrise Ceremony, which celebrated becoming a woman, used Abalone Shells by putting them on the heads of participating girls.
How to smudge:
- Fill your Abalone Shell with Sand or Himalayan Salt to protect the base of the shell from over heating or damage.
- Prepare your smudging session with a charcoal disk and the preferred smudging tool to place over the charcoal. (sage, palo santo, juniper etc)
- Make sure your windows are open to release the negative energy out the window and also stop them smoke alarms from going off!
- Light it up!
- Smoke will start to rise, use this to begin your smudging around the room, corners and objects, you may also use a bird of prey feather to represent air and blow the smoke in the direction your aiming for
- With intent bring in positive vibes and release any negativity that may be lurking around
- Once you have finished, you may leave this to burn out or to stop the smoke from burning up, you need to dap the fire into the salt/sand. Close the window to seal the new and fresh vibe.
- Note: you may also want to use the abalone as a tool to catch the herbs or ash when you are using smudge sticks.
Disclaimer: all of our holistic products are ethically and substantially sourced, Please note that all crystals, minerals, rock and fossils are a natural product from mother earth and are rarely perfect, this means that we try to capture as many angles on our products as possible.
I'm so happy I found this shop, not only are the products great quality but the prices are very reasonable. You can tell they love what they do, I wouldn't shop anywhere else now.